The purpose of our Women's Ministry is to meet the spiritual, physical and emotional needs of women within our church and within our community. This ministry is designed to encourage women to grow in their faith in Christ, to develop and strengthen intimate friendships with other women, and to provide opportunities to serve and reach our community for Christ.
In A109 on Wednesday nights, there is a Bible study from 6:30-8:00 PM made up of all ladies seeking to grow together in their walk with the Lord. If you're interested in taking part in this study, simply come by one Wednesday night! We would love to meet you!
We don’t like to admit it, but men need other men. We need to be challenged to put God first.
Men who put God first are better husbands, fathers, employees, leaders, and friends. Currently, a mens group "Kingdom Man" meets in A203 on Wednesday nights from 6:30-8:00 PM. We would love to have you join us for Bible study, prayer, and fellowship.
Kingdom Man is for men who desire to put God first in their lives. For that to happen, men need to be in community with other men (Proverbs 27:17, "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another"). Kingdom man is about community, studying God's Word, and praying together. We hope to see you on a Wednesday night at 6:30 in A203.
Small groups are your opportunity to plug-in, make disciples, build relationships, grow your faith, and have fun! Groups meet on a schedule that makes the most sense to their members, including Sunday mornings and Sunday evenings. Read on to find out more about the Small Groups that are currently meeting.
Small Groups Outside of Sunday Morning
- Fowler Group | Every other Sunday 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM | This group consists of couples in their 40s, many of whom are parents of middle school and high school students.
The location will vary each week, and always includes food. Email Bryan Fowler for more information.
- Swanagan Group | Sundays 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM | This group welcomes couples with young children and is passionate about growing together. We meet at 6pm on Sundays, and generally break near 7:30pm.
This group meets at the Swanagan house. Email Diana Swanagan for more information.
- Mentoring Men for the Master | Three groups - Tuesdays 5:45 - 6:45 AM at the HBC Office, Wednesdays 6:30 - 8:00 PM in A 200 & Fridays 6:00-7:00 AM at Shorter University | Mentoring Men (M3) is a group dedicated to encouraging, training, and equipping men to know and follow Jesus. For information about the organization "Mentoring Men," visit their website. For information about coming to a session, email Mark Huckaby.
Sunday Morning Groups
- Jackson Group (Couples)| Teacher: David Jackson | Location: A107
- Fowler Group | Teacher: Bryan Fowler | Location: A109
- Munn Group | Teacher: Eric Munn | Location: A104
- Burger Group (Ages 55+) | Teacher: Jeff Burger | Location: D107
Interested in checking out a small group but not sure where to begin?
Please contact us and we will get you pointed in the right direction!